CALLS FOR PAPERS
PCA/ACA CALL FOR RADIO PAPERS & PANELS
New Orleans, April 8-11, 2009
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 30, 2008
The Popular Culture/American Culture Association (PCA/ACA) joint radio interest group invites you to submit a paper or panel for the 2009 international conference scheduled for April 8-11, 2009 in New Orleans, at the New Orleans Marriott. Deadline is November 30, 2008. The PCA/ACA radio interest group is among the foremost national forums for radio studies.
The Radio Group
The PCA/ACA radio interest group invites studies of both radio's historical and contemporary subject matter. We welcome presentations dealing with a broad range of subjects. Just to mention a few, past panels have focused on programming, drama, personality studies, policy issues, talk radio, internet radio, public journalism, management, international radio, and the future of radio. The conference is highly interdisciplinary and attracts a wide range of academics interested in media studies.
SUBMIT PROPOSALS BY NOVEMBER 30, 2008 TO:
National Chair, PCA/ACA Radio Interest Group
Department of Mass Media
Topeka, KS 66621
- Submit an abstract of 100 words summarizing the paper.
- Abstract should include a title, author's name, complete address, and affiliation.
- The author must attend the 2009 PCA/ACA convention to present the paper.
- A completed paper should be produced and presented or summarized within 15 minutes. Fifteen copies of the paper should be available for distribution at the meeting.
The submitted panel must include:
- Confirmation that all members have agreed to attend and participate.
- Name of panel.
- Name of moderator (including affiliation and address)
- Names of participants including affiliation, addresses, and titles of each presentation.
- Data projectors with appropriate cable hook-ups, large projection screens, DVD players, and speakers are available in conference rooms.
- All participants are expected to distribute 15 copies of a a completed paper.